Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

I'm looking for suggestions for some needed X10 or other automation widgets.
I have done microcontroller design since the mid 70's.  Now retired, I'm
looking for projects to keep me busy.  Two ideas I have myself are a X10
module offering 4 to 8 digital I/O lines, and a high power version of the
TW523 / PSC05 - perhaps for 2-phase 240V.

What are the needs of the automation community?  How much would you be
willing to pay for a kit or finished product?  You can e-mail me directly if
you want to keep your answers private.

Thanks for your input.

Jeff