Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

In article <8MAof.161484$qk4.54908@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, JeffVolp@xxxxxxx (Jeff Volp) writes:
| I'm looking for suggestions for some needed X10 or other automation widgets.
| I have done microcontroller design since the mid 70's.  Now retired, I'm
| looking for projects to keep me busy.  Two ideas I have myself are a X10
| module offering 4 to 8 digital I/O lines, and a high power version of the
| TW523 / PSC05 - perhaps for 2-phase 240V.

Given the recent threads here, maybe you should build a true 4-port (or
more) repeater.  Or a 2-port repeater with an interconnect bus to allow
systems with arbitrary numbers of synchronized ports to be constructed.
(This would be different from ACT's SCC bus which behaves more like a port.
You would need arbitration.)  You could even incorporate my noise dampening
idea.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com