Re: Inspections: (was Re: mixed voltages in Altronix ALTV244 box)

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 16:36:54 GMT, Marc F Hult <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message  <rp66p1tkkjpphtv3oop3bbu1iefokdht18@xxxxxxx>:

>(Connect a length of twisted pair of CAT5 to a car battery and short the far
>ends if you want a hint of what "low-voltage" can do.)

It occurred after I sent this that someone might actually do this and get hurt.

DON'T.

Please consider this a thought experiment, not a physical one, with the
observed result that a short length of 24AWG wire will become red hot and melt.
A longer length of wire will become hot enough to start a fire but not melt.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org