Re: mixed voltages in Altronix ALTV244 box

On 3 Dec 2005 10:10:53 -0800, smile4camera@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote in message
<1133633453.343872.236030@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Trying to understand why said box doesn't have a partition for
>high/low voltages.. the research I've done seems to indicate that NEC
>has changed to allow this under certain conditions, but I can't seem to
>find what I would call a definitive answer.. ie: something I can take
>to the people I work with as proof.
>
> Starting doing CCTV, fire alarms, access control etc. stuff in
>August.. really enjoy it. Any help anyone can provide would be
>appreciated.
>
> Jim

The provisions you are referring to may be those for general premise wiring
that pertains (eg) to wall switch for AC wiring controlled by low voltage.

Current limited, low-voltage wiring falls under other Articles of the NEC
including Articles 720 (<50 volts) including Article 725 Class 1, 2, and 3,
Article 760 (fire alarm systems) and Article 800 (communication circuits) .

What is most directly pertinent here (in my opinion) is that according to
http://www.altronix.com/index.php?pid=2&listing=1 the
Altronix ALTV244 is not UL listed. (As I understand it, UL 2044 pertains.)

Altronix has *many* CCTV power supplies that _are_ UL listed. Is the one you
are asking about surplus? Old stock? Used?

 ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org