Re: mixed voltages in Altronix ALTV244 box

smile4camera@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>  Trying to understand why said box doesn't have a partition for
> high/low voltages.. the research I've done seems to indicate that NEC
> has changed to allow this under certain conditions, but I can't seem to
> find what I would call a definitive answer.. ie: something I can take
> to the people I work with as proof.
>
>  Starting doing CCTV, fire alarms, access control etc. stuff in
> August.. really enjoy it. Any help anyone can provide would be
> appreciated.
>
>  Jim

Hmmmmm...  The PDF of the box shows me that it does.
http://www.altronix.com/p_pdf/ALTV1224C.pdf.  There also appears to be a
distinct seperation between the 24VAC side and the 24VDC side.

Personally, I wouldn't bother using this.  You can fabricate your own
fused power bus in seperate enclosures - one for DC powered cameras
(with a good quality filtered power supply) and one for AC powered
cameras.  When you're doing large multi-camera jobs, it's been my
experience that  maintaining a far more distinct separation between "AC"
powered cameras and "DC" units means fewer servicing headaches later on.