Re: In-Wall Audio for One Room?

joelfinkle wrote:

> 3) The new room is a kitchen, so small components like a Roku or Slim
> Devices network  media streamer sounds ideal

Roku units often look better, Slim Devices are better,
the support is wonderful. You can download the SlimServer
software (what streams to the box) and try it before you buy

> 4) I plan to put in wall or ceiling speakers
>
> So can I use an in-wall amplified volume control and single input
> without a multi-room controller?

The SqueezeBox has a volume control. And remote control. Or you can
control it from any browser.

You will need either amplified speakers or an amp and speakers.
It works great.

See
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/killthecd.html

or go to the slim devices site, check out the support forums,
etc.

You need power to the SlimDevices and the amp or powered speakers.
The SqueezeBox can use WiFi. Or you can drag an eternet cable
thru the wall

--
Pat