Re: In-Wall Audio for One Room?

Pat,
The SlimDevices seems nicer except for one thing: I'm already running
UPnP via Windows Media Connect, adding another process to the ancient
machine with all the storage and insufficient CPU and memory is
probably a bad idea.

Either case, it doesn't answer my question: I want to avoid putting an
amplifier in my kitchen: its bulky and ugly and doesn't like having
flour poured into it :^P

My options seem to be:
* Whole-house audio, overkill, since I'm not about to rewire the rest
of the house that isn't under construction
* A compact shelf system with the speakers ripped off -- more compact
than a separate amp, but I've got to watch the impedence on those shelf
speakers
* An under-cabinet stereo, but they don't generally have speaker
outputs, depending on crappy little speakers in the unit
* Proficient In-Wall Music Center -- best bet so far, but no
front-panel inputs, so far as I can tell, and I can't find any info on
how it's wired.

I'm willing to lease a clue