Re: is it possible for x10 signal bridge to fail?

"Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> Thanks Bobby.
>
> My installer didn't have a meter (he's my sparky who's expanded his
business
> line), and so I didn't know there was one available in the consumer
range).
> I haven't seen him in many years, and have learned to deal with many
> situations on my own, so I'll take your advice and go to find an Elk.

You'll be glad you did.  The first time it helps you find a stuck button on
a palmpad or a maxicontroller, you'll realized how valuable it can be.  If a
button gets stuck, you can see the continual traffic on the meter and by
moving it around, figure out where the problem is located by where the
signal is the strongest.  It will also give you excellent guidance about
what devices need filtering.

> BTW, the HAI I'm still using is the one they made 11 years ago (the 1503 V
> II).  Pretty good recommendation for HAI equipment, although someday I
> really will get that installer back to upgrade to an Omni/pro II.

There's a lot to be said for "if it ain't broke!"  :-)  More complexity
means more things can go wrong.

> Thanks for all your advice,

You're quite welcome.  Many of our regulars seem to be on vacation.  They
might still chime in with more suggestions . . .

--
Bobby G.