Re: is it possible for x10 signal bridge to fail?

"Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Thanks; I don't mind spending for a repeater, or an electrician, it's just
> thought I had read once that repeaters had their ocasional problems (such
as
> the destination device receiving both the original dim command and then
the
> repeated one, so it would dim more than desired?).

Yes, they do have some issues but they are generally restricted to unusual
setups.   What kind of X-10 gear do you have (makes and models)?   If you're
worried that you'll have problems get the electrician to put a 220 outlet
near the circuit box.  Then you can try one of smarthome's plug-in
repeaters:

www.smarthome.com/pr03-11.html

http://www.smarthome.com/4826b.html

and return it if you have any troubles and exchange it for their passive,
plug-in coupler.  In fact, if you already have 220 outlets, try it there
first.  If it works, consider having a sparky install a dedicated outlet
near the circuit box.  It may turn out that the unit's "pass through" outlet
eliminates the need for a new outlet altogether.

--
Bobby G.