Re: Should be simple but never is, help pls

"Mark Thomas" <mrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> http://www.smarthome.com/4082.HTML
>
> These are designed to do exactly what you want, although I cannot vouch
> for their reliability. The cheaper X10-brand version of these are not
> particularly reliable.

I'm using 2 of these.  They do pretty well catching motion except when it's
very hot.  Then it is difficult for the sensor to differentiate a moving
warm body from the warm ground.  Usually when they trip at night, we see a
fox or other large animal wandering off.

The one problem we do have with these detectors is that they are sensitive
to lightening.  I'm not sure what the mechanism is, but they often switch on

Jeff