Re: Residential video surveillance questions

Oh, I almost forgot...
FPS (Frames Per Second) or IPS (Images Per Second) The higher the better (a=
gain, more data used)
Think of this in this way, the human eye sees at a rate of about 60 frames =
per second, but down to about 30fps, we can't tell the difference. 15fps (a=
nd lower) as Jim said, will give you a "Time Lapsed" or "Jerky" recording o=
f an event. But in most cases it is sufficient for store entrances and such=
. Just to capture a few frames of a face or watch someone walk across a roo=
m to follow their actions. However, you are wanting to record on video moti=
on (which by the way is actually triggered by a change in contrast (light v=
s dark) of the image) and hopefully your DVR will be set up correctly to al=
low a higher record rate without using up your hard drive too quickly. I wo=
uld suggest trying a happy medium between 15fps and 30fps and review the qu=
ality and adjust as needed.