Re: Residential video surveillance questions

On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:51:35 AM UTC-5, TomR wrote:
=20
> I don't really know what a BNC type CCTV Monitor is although I'm sure I=
=20
>=20
> could find out with a Google search or two.  But, do most of these securi=
ty=20
>=20
> type DVR's have the ability to play back on a regular TV if I wanted to d=
o=20
>=20
> that?

A BNC connector (Bayonet Neill=96Concelman) is the quick connect/disconnect=
 (quarter turn) RF connector used for coaxial cable. Monitors made specific=
ally for CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) systems usually have this type of=
 connector on them, but many newer DVR's (since they are essentially a comp=
uter with modified video boards in them to accept multiple video inputs) no=
w come with a VGA Computer Monitor connector and sometimes a BNC output as =
well.
The second part (about playback on a "Regular TV") begs the question: What'=
s a "Regular TV"?  :)
It really depends on the type of TV and what inputs are available on it. Si=
nce most flat screens don't have a BNC Input, I suppose if you wanted to, y=
ou could use the VGA to the Flat screen VGA Input, or you could buy adapter=
s at Radio Shack or other electronics store to convert the BNC to RCA conne=
ctors which most if not all New TV's have. Before you ask, RCA connectors a=
re the kind on most Stereo (Audio/Speaker) Cables/Connectors and Video Game=
 Consoles (Audio/Video: Red/ White/Yellow) Cables/Connectors.
But yes, the short answer is YES. :)