Re: Scantronic 500r+ reset tamper

Hi
If its any help I have the engineers manual for the 500r.
Default engineers is 7890 but simple enough to factory default if changed.
Repost if you need any further help.
HTH
CJ

"JC007"  wrote in message

JC007 had written this in response to
http://forums.cabling-design.com/security-physical/Re-Scantronic-500r-reset-tamper-48557-.htm
:
Did you find a successful solution to this issue? I have recently moved
into new house with the 500r, I have also stupidly set off the tamper
alarm on the panel. I am having no luck in resetting it. I have no user
code (previous owner deceased). I disconnected the battery but this set
the external siren off, so that's been reconnected! I have silenced the
panel alarm by unplugging the speaker as a short term fix. Can anyone help
me reset the tamper?

Thanks
Justin

http://www.secure-gear.com/alt.security.alarms/5/Re-Scantronic-500r-reset-tamper-article31914-.htm
>  :

> Notice you state you have an installation guide for the Scantronic
> 500r+.

> I need a copy of said guide - I have (don't kno how) changred a user
> code
> and cannot now use the alarm, since it has been set off and I cannot
> reset
> it.

> I have tried the installer codes and master codes noted in another panel
> manual using the same accessories, but they don't help.

> Not only that, even if they did, I wwouldn't kno what the sequence of
> buttons to press to reset, and recode.

> Mike 106652.3564_at_compuserve_dot_com
> -------------------------------------
> Jim wrote:

>> On Apr 11, 7:59?am, "MyKey"
>> <michaelw...@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> Can any alarm gurus out there help a noob out. I've accidently
>>> (stupidly) set off a tamper alarm by removing a detector from
>>> the
>>> wall. How can I reset the detector etc? The user manual says
>>> contact
>>> engineer for service, but I've no idea who installed the alarm.
>>> have
>>> a copy of the installation and user guide but need some help to
>>> find
>>> the correct command. Do I need a special engineer code?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Mike

>> I stupidly pulled a plug apart in the engine compartment of my car.
>> How can I reset the check engine light on the dash board. The
>> manual
>> says to bring it to my mechanic, but I don't have a mechanic. I
>> have a
>> copy of the users guide but need some help to find the correct
>> command. Do I need a special engineer code?

>> Duuuuuuuuuh Would it help to know what make model and year, my car
>> is?
>> Duuuuuuu ...... HuH? HUH? Would it?

> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Delivered via
> http://www.secure-gear.com
> The Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry
> no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup -
> alt.security.alarms - 44250
> messages and counting!

|            http://forums.cabling-design.com/             |
|              *** a better way to USENET ***              |
| no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup |
|    alt.security.alarms - 55290 messages and counting!    |