Re: Residential video surveillance questions

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:28:26 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
 Thanks again. For now, I am thinking of maybe just installing a temporary =
system like this one: http://www.securitywarehousestore.com/store/product.p=
hp?id_product=3D7300 . I can place the cameras in and the receiver in locat=
ions that are secure. And, if we have a break-in or problem, I can go back =
later and look at the video clips by playing them back on a TV etc.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The resolution is pretty poor in multicamera view and you're only getting=
 15 frames per second. That means you will be getting a "jerky" picture pla=
yback.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Don't believe the 30 foot night view spec, they're not usually as good as=
 they say they are.. even on professionl cameras. so on a DIY system I woul=
d think it would be worse.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> If you're trying to see a large area, you're not gong to get a very good =
view of who the person is. You'll only know that "someone" was there. If it=
's a close up view of the person like someone standing at your door, it wil=
l work better, but will still be kind of blurry. At night I'm guessing it'l=
l be all but worthless for ID purposes, unless they get up very close to th=
e camera. I would investigate further on how you go about playing back the =
video. But for the price ..... at least it's "something".

I'm sorry I don't have time to respond with more detail but Jim is right. I=
f you look at ALL of the specs on this system, they are very poor. Don't me=
an to be blunt but IMHO, total JUNK, don't waste your hard earned money on =
this "Temporary" system, save it for the "Permanent" system.