Re: Cheap DVR's Get Hacked

On Sunday, February 3, 2013 2:36:46 PM UTC-5, G. Morgan wrote:
> spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Wrote:=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >On Sunday, February 3, 2013 11:40:57 AM UTC-5, sp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote=
:
>=20
> >> On Sunday, February 3, 2013 7:25:35 AM UTC-5, G. Morgan wrote:
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
, and Protected Cray Super Computer Facilities. When you see all of those "=
Traffic Safety Cameras", ever wonder why there is a need for these "Safety"=
 cameras in some of the most rural areas with no real traffic problems?=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
All
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
> >> They are BOTH. Below is a link to explain in in much greater detail th=
an appropriate here, however...DO NOT be fooled into thinking it is used on=
ly for traffic control. NEARLY EVERY major technological break through we h=
ave experienced in our lifetime has come about as a direct result of Milita=
ry development and deployment and then later introduced to the general publ=
ic in a form more "Acceptable" for use by the government to "monitor" what =
we do, where we go, and what we say, under the guise of "protecting" us or =
"enhancing" our lives. In other words, "How can we spy on the people and ma=
ke them believe we are benefiting them in some way."
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
> >>=20
>=20
> >> http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-43098-201311/unrestrict=
ed/APPENDIX-B2.PDF
>=20
> >
>=20
> >For those who may not want to read the PDF, in short those "Cameras" onl=
y need to detect the presence of a vehicle to operate for traffic control, =
however they have the ability (or not, depending on the camera used) to see=
 normal video, as well as detect "Occupancy" "Occupancy COUNT" and even Veh=
icle classification, profile & shape.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I read the .pdf.  That is some crazy shit man. When I saw "occupancy
>=20
> count" and "vehicle off center in lane" PLUS driver sleeping detection
>=20
> that is really going overboard.  Who voted on this and why were the
>=20
> public not informed of the capabilities of these systems?  Yeah, I
>=20
> know.. assume you are being taped anywhere except home - but using
>=20
> traffic signaling and detection devices for surveillance under the guise
>=20
> of "safety" is pushing the Big Brother thing waayyyy too far.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> What's worse is I'm just now hearing about this.  That means the
>=20
> government has kept it quiet from civilian contractors.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Now, I wonder if they all get hooked to an OC3 trunk and monitored in
>=20
> some basement in Langley, VA eventually?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=3Dhttp://www.moxa.com/edit_pic/IEI_ONE_=
Network_Solution_for_Centralized_Traffic_Control.jpg&imgrefurl=3Dhttp://www=
.moxa.com/applications/Centralized_Traffic_Control.htm&h=3D368&w=3D500&sz=
=3D132&tbnid=3DQb1aSU05RXsStM:&tbnh=3D90&tbnw=3D122&zoom=3D1&usg=3D__Ymae8a=
wuZDY1DANqiWD6WZRP2Ag=3D&docid=3D-HzUP4Kr6aVGTM&hl=3Den&sa=3DX&ei=3D5cUOUZb=
6Oqa-0QGVjICQBw&sqi=3D2&ved=3D0CFQQ9QEwBQ&dur=3D566