Re: Cheap DVR's Get Hacked

spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Wrote:

>Now....Go Google­� "Trapwire"

Yep, talk about a casting a wide net to catch a few fishes.  I read all
the bid requests/specifications and it's downright scary what they are
building.

Have you seen the movie "Enemy of the State" with Will Smith?  I had to
laugh back then at the ease of which the NSA was tapping into private
CCTV systems in real time and the real-time satellite/drone/hello
pictures.

I'm not laughing anymore... They can (and do) have that shit up and
running.  Your 'smart phone' is a surveillance device that just happens
to make phone calls.  Need someone's location right NOW? check! (GPS,
cell tower triangulation), who am I communicating with? check! (voice
and data stored for every single OTA transaction),want to know my
associates too? check! (phone/email contact lists, Facebook, Google,
Twitter, Linked In), Wanna see and hear what I'm doing right now? check!
(remote microphone and camera switch-on).  --- And that's just the damn
phone.

 X-Box with Kinect has eyes and ears in your living room, bedroom.  Your
laptop's built-in camera and mic. can be turned on remotely.  Of course,
it captures all your keystrokes (passwords known), and all data sent and
received is captured and archived "just in case" at massive data centers
that feed off major backbone "splitters" (for lack of a better more
accurate description).  An AT&T employee turned whistle-blower already
confirmed the existence of a 'device' that grabs *everything* on the
backbone. One side does its purpose - to route data to the proper
recipient.  The other side of the "splitter" goes right into the NSA's
automated listening/archiving behemoth of machines to eavesdrop on every
single phone call, text message, 'Tweet", FAX, email, - whatever.  They
pwn the spectrum.  Even this 40 line post will live on their databases
forever.

Orwell got it right, he was just off by a couple of decades.