Re: Cheap DVR's Get Hacked

spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Wrote:

>I've also installed cameras in Micro Chip manufacturing Clean Rooms, and Protected Cray Super Computer Facilities. When you see all of those "Traffic Safety Cameras", ever wonder why there is a need for these "Safety" cameras in some of the most rural areas with no real traffic problems?

Interesting points...  I'll get back to you on the cool stuff.

I wanted to address this one in particular.  I used to think those rural
'cameras' were IR sensors to detect engine heat, for sensing
presence/absence of vehicles.  You know, to take the place of the
induction loops in concrete.

Are you saying those are actually cameras?!  Shit, we have 6 of them at
each intersection in the suburb outside of Houston where I reside.  All
told there are 100's of them in an area with ~12K households.  I used to
think they were cams. and wondered who monitored them, and why they were
not on public websites for "us" to see the traffic.  Are you saying they
actually *are* cams, not traffic signal sensors?