Re: paradox sp5500

On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:20:51 AM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:25:38 AM UTC-4, mleuck wrote:
> >=20
> > Having to tell a central station that "well this is a water alarm and t=
his one is high temperature" just doesn't cut it when the customer is suing=
 you later because of a botched response.=20
> >=20
> > It can't be all that difficult to put CID/SIA codes into a panel and Na=
pco has a whopping 10 codes available for zone programming which is absurd.
>=20
> I'd dare you to cite a case where someone was sued because of this, but I=
 know that you are just using an unjustifiable, highly unlikely situation t=
o try to defend your unplausable position.

Actually I can but not in this forum.

> I'd also ask you to point out how many people don't use Napco products > =
because they don't have lots of CID codes.

No they don't use Napco because other better alternatives are out there. I =
doubt most people even have a clue what CID codes do on the central station=
 side. If I recall it wasn't that long ago you claimed you were programming=
 4/2 and was "looking into" CID and SIA.

> It's not all that important .... except maybe to someone like you who doe=
sn't > have any (any that would count, that is) field experience and who's =
 central=20
> station biased. It may be important to you but it doesn't even appear on =
the > screen for installers.  =20

I could be wrong but I don't recall you riding with me when I was installin=
g. Its also amusing how quickly you turn to insults.

> And again ......... It likewise can't be all that difficult to tell the=
=20
> central station to respond to one zone in a certain way ..... unless of=
=20
> course it's one of the majority of your installers that you so fondly cal=
l  your customers, who can't use a laptop to program a panel. In that case =
I can understand why you favor dumbing it down to their level. Obviously, t=
here's no reason to put one of these installers to the task of thinking.

The entire point of CID and SIA is you don't have to tell the central stati=
on anything...except apparently if you use Napco. And I don't quite see how=
 adding reporting options is "dumbing" down a panel but then I don't have t=
o use a laptop to program a panel either.