Re: paradox sp5500

On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:25:38 AM UTC-4, mleuck wrote:
>=20
> Having to tell a central station that "well this is a water alarm and thi=
s one is high temperature" just doesn't cut it when the customer is suing y=
ou later because of a botched response.=20
>=20
> It can't be all that difficult to put CID/SIA codes into a panel and Napc=
o has a whopping 10 codes available for zone programming which is absurd.

I'd dare you to cite a case where someone was sued because of this, but I k=
now that you are just using an unjustifiable, highly unlikely situation to =
try to defend your unplausable position. I'd also ask you to point out how =
many people don't use Napco products because they don't have lots of CID co=
des. It's not all that important .... except maybe to someone like you who =
doesn't have any (any that would count, that is) field experience and who's=
  central station biased. It may be important to you but it doesn't even ap=
pear on the screen for installers.  =20

And again ......... It likewise can't be all that difficult to tell the cen=
tral station to respond to one zone in a certain way ..... unless of course=
 it's one of the majority of your installers that you so fondly call your c=
ustomers, who can't use a laptop to program a panel. In that case I can und=
erstand why you favor dumbing it down to their level. Obviously, there's no=
 reason to put one of these installers to the task of thinking.=20