Re: paradox sp5500

On 22 =C1=F0=F1, 23:18, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sunday, April 22, 2012 10:51:19 AM UTC-4, mleuck wrote:

very so often when I have a gas alarm or other non common device, When putt=
ing an account on line I just have to indicate on the set up paper work how=
 I want my central to respond when they get that signal. Having delt with 4=
/2format for so many years, that's not an effort for me to do and the centr=
al is used to it, I guess..... because they say it's no problem. However, i=
n the present generation of programing for Dummys, it's obvious that instal=
lers having to think about what they are doing is not part of an installati=
on.

annot send the proper CID/SIA signals it's not accepted.

> > > Then maybe your central station should up-grade it's receiver to one =
that you don't have to wind up every morning. (just kidding)

> > > You mean to say that with all of the electronical thingys available t=
oday that there are central stations that only have receivers that wont acc=
ept anything but full CID/SIA codes?

> > > What about all the legacy panels out there? My guess is that there ar=
e more legacy panels in the field than CID/SIA only panels .... or at least=
 enough of them so that centrals can't/wouldn't just ignore them. I've got =
a few accounts that send both CID and 4/2 format on the same account number=
 and one account with and old Adcor, sending 3/1

> > We have tons of 4x2, Modem and whatever accounts, I was referring to pa=
nels that can send CID or SIA but can't properly send the event. It's not a=
 big deal to design that into a panel

> It's likewise not a big deal to tell the central station what to do when =
they receive a certain signal. If they can do it for 4/2 format they can do=
 it for CID also.- =C1=F0=FC=EA=F1=F5=F8=E7 =EA=E5=E9=EC=DD=ED=EF=F5 =F3=E5=
 =F0=E1=F1=DC=E8=E5=F3=E7 -

> - =C5=EC=F6=DC=ED=E9=F3=E7 =EA=E5=E9=EC=DD=ED=EF=F5 =F3=E5 =F0=E1=F1=DC=
=E8=E5=F3=E7 -

They are plenty of new panels in the market that add a new event with
a cid code that the arc has not upload at the cid format. Its easy as
you said for the tech to inform the central station for this new
event. But most of the times the tech guy does not know about this
"unknown" new event (i.e. "log full", "supervision lost" etc) So how
will inform the arc? :-)