Re: paradox sp5500

On Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:47:41 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
> On Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:37:15 PM UTC-4, mleuck wrote:

> > >=20
> > > I remember Robert used to extoll the virtues of Napco's umpteen=20
> > > gazillion zone definitions.  Perhaps Paradox is trying to catch up!  =
:-)
> > >=20
> > > --=20
> > > Frank Kurz
> > > www.firetechs.net
> >=20
> > Napco's problem is while they may have configurable zones they only hav=
e a few CID/SIA reporting codes making it a pain to deal with from a centra=
l station point of view. With Honeywell at least you can add any code you w=
ant.
>=20
> That hasn't created any problems for MY central station, or me. Every so =
often when I have a gas alarm or other non common device, When putting an a=
ccount on line I just have to indicate on the set up paper work how I want =
my central to respond when they get that signal. Having delt with 4/2format=
 for so many years, that's not an effort for me to do and the central is us=
ed to it, I guess..... because they say it's no problem. However, in the pr=
esent generation of programing for Dummys, it's obvious that installers hav=
ing to think about what they are doing is not part of an installation.

That's fine for YOUR central station but with others if the panel cannot se=
nd the proper CID/SIA signals it's not accepted.