Re: paradox sp5500

On Apr 6, 10:14=A0am, proguard <proguard...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While being a long time away from Paradox panels (from the era of
> Esprit and Spectra 14XX) now returning trying to understand SP series.
> I define zone 12 witch is on zx8 expander as 36 (entry delay 1 (full
> arm)/instant) but the panel does not recognize it at all. The panel is
> SP5500 v3.8 Any idea why that? Do i have to programm something else
> around?
> Also where is located the address for enabling panic buttons on the
> keypad?
> And for last how we can arm in instant stay mode if i can't programm
> the entry/exit zones as 36?
> (entry delay 1 (full arm)/instant)
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Spyros

RHC; Spiros, be very careful to test out all of these new zone
definations to make sure they work after you program them. Even
Paradox tech support is not sure what each of these new ones actually
do and have given us incorrect information on several occasions. For
example, zone category 33 is supposed to be "instant", but it doesn't
work at all, yet category 24 does That part of the manual is a total
screwup - do NOT trust that section of the manual at all.!!

I have no idea why Paradox has overly complicated their panels with
the addition of so many new and incomprehensible zone definitions. I
am going to contact the company and ask that their programming manual
be seriously clarified. It seems in trying to make their panels do
everything for everyone, they've simply seriously confused their
customers.