Re: paradox sp5500

On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:25:38 AM UTC-4, mleuck wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:19:31 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
>=20
> > The situation with Napco panels is:
> > Rather than having lot's of CID codes pre programed into the Firmware o=
f the panel, Napco just sends the basic essential codes ..... Burg, Fire, P=
anic,24hour, telephone line and communication fail, opening and closing sig=
nals, low battery, AC power loss, restore, trouble, and (I think) gas, CID =
codes. There are more but I don't remember all of them. Most other manufact=
urers panels can send in 5o or 100 or more different CID codes and I think =
some one said that some panels allow you to add your own codes, if they're =
not part of the original list. So with Napco, in the event that you are mon=
itoring, let's say a water sensor, you have to designate it as a 24hour zon=
e report in the programing and then tell the central station that the signa=
l that they receive on that zone is a water sensor alarm rather than the pa=
nel being able to send in the CID code for a water sensor. =20
>=20
> Having to tell a central station that "well this is a water alarm and thi=
s one is high temperature" just doesn't cut it when the customer is suing y=
ou later because of a botched response.=20
>=20
> It can't be all that difficult to put CID/SIA codes into a panel and Napc=
o has a whopping 10 codes available for zone programming which is absurd.