Re: paradox sp5500

On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:19:31 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:

> The situation with Napco panels is:
> Rather than having lot's of CID codes pre programed into the Firmware of =
the panel, Napco just sends the basic essential codes ..... Burg, Fire, Pan=
ic,24hour, telephone line and communication fail, opening and closing signa=
ls, low battery, AC power loss, restore, trouble, and (I think) gas, CID co=
des. There are more but I don't remember all of them. Most other manufactur=
ers panels can send in 5o or 100 or more different CID codes and I think so=
me one said that some panels allow you to add your own codes, if they're no=
t part of the original list. So with Napco, in the event that you are monit=
oring, let's say a water sensor, you have to designate it as a 24hour zone =
report in the programing and then tell the central station that the signal =
that they receive on that zone is a water sensor alarm rather than the pane=
l being able to send in the CID code for a water sensor. =20

Having to tell a central station that "well this is a water alarm and this =
one is high temperature" just doesn't cut it when the customer is suing you=
 later because of a botched response.=20

It can't be all that difficult to put CID/SIA codes into a panel and Napco =
has a whopping 10 codes available for zone programming which is absurd.