Re: Trying to wrap my head around it

On 11/9/2011 10:30 PM, Jim wrote:
> On Nov 9, 6:08 pm, JoeRaisin<joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

>>> 1 A pull station
>>> 2 A pull station
>>> 3  A heat detector!
>>
>> LOL - Boss says I don't pull a foot of wire until adt gives him a job
>> number - and I haven't gotten one as of this afternoon.
>>
>> We keep getting screwed on those "get it done, paperwork to follow"
>> deals.  Boss says, "No more free work..."-
>
> Yeah I'm going through that right now with an electrician I met on a
> job. He was working on another job and the builder asked him if he
> could install and alarm. He couldn't so he asked me if I wanted to do
> it to help him out. I said sure and he said he'd pay me and he'd bill
> the builder. ( I figured he's going to make a few bucks on the
> job ..... Ok with me since I quoted my regular price.)  I pre wired
> the house in one day, took me 12 hours all by my self, worked till
> 9:00 PM at nite because they were insulating in the morning. It's been
> 4 weeks now and still no check.
>
> You'd think that after all these years I'd be smart enough to not give
> a damn and not try to help someone out.
>
> However, I've left my self a couple off ways to access the house. I'll
> keep an eye on the progress and if ultimately I don't get the check, I
> can get in to cut all the wires off at all the openings and at the
> panel.
>
> Don't fuck with Jim.

So, yesterday morning I'm in the ADT office checking to see if they have
the rest of my parts (another issue - don't get me started).

I ask our contact if he's got a job for that pull station so I can get
started on it.  He asks why it isn't done, I tell him what the boss told
me.  I also remind him that the customer was granted temp occupancy
based on the promise of a finished fire alarm by the 11th.

Two hours later, the salesman shows up on the job with a pull station
and a rider for the customer to sign.

I know where it's going and that I'm going to have to pull up a sheet of
plywood from the mezzanine floor to get it.  One nearly sprained finger
later I'm feeling around for the top plate under all the blown in
insulation between the 2' deep scissor trusses.  Oh, there it is, with a
10 inch hvac supply duct running along on top of it.

Gotta admit to giving in to a little frustration.  It had enough play
that I only had to bend it a little bit and after I ran the wire I was
able to get it 'mostly' round again...

Oh yeah, customer only has one potts line and got permission from the
ahj to use a T1 - voip line for the back up.  According the T1 provider
there is no way to get line seizure.  Customer has to get an "Analog
Terminal Adapter" and dedicate one of their voip numbers to the alarm
panel - and they are recommending that we do not do it.  But, apparently
we are...

System is done, tested and working except for the trouble on dialer 2
but nothing can be done about that until the customer has the gear.

Now if I can finish up the card access and CCTV out there today,
everyone will be happy...