A lot of brass !

Got a call this morning from an alarm company in the process of
putting one of my old, disconnected systems on line. He started by
becoming very chummy with me, asking if I remembered him. I didn't but
I certainly remember his company, since they unethically lock all
their boards, and then actually advertise on the can..."we lock all
our boards for your security" (yeah...right...for who's security ??)

Anyway, after a few friendly comments he proceeds to ask me for my
installer code. Taken aback, I asked him how long he has been in this
business, since anyone with more than 20 minutes experience in this
business knows this is something never given out willy nilly. I told
him to simply default the board to factory, since none of my boards
are ever locked. He then admits to me he doesn't know how to program
this make and model !!!!! His comment was, we share our installer
code, why don't you (this coming from a company that locks all their
boards....!!!!)

At this point, I bluntly told him he has no business putting a system
on line he knows nothing about, since without basic programming
knowledge, he can't be sure he even sets it up to the station
correctly, let alone service it later for the client. I then hung up
on the idiot !!

Am I mistaken, or is it getting worse out there ??? In 20 years, I've
never had anyone this stupid call me...