Re: Trying to wrap my head around it

On 11/3/2011 9:53 PM, Jim wrote:
> On Nov 3, 6:46 pm, JoeRaisin<joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> On 11/3/2011 2:27 AM, Robosama wrote:
>>

>>> Like a W3-ADT smoke is really a 5808 rf smoke...dunno why they think we
>>> are incapable of figuring out this stuff.
>>
>>> Still wish I had the ADT personality files for Compass though.
>>
>>> :-)
>>
>>> "JoeRaisin"<joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote in message

>> Just installed a focus panel with a new zone added - "Movable Instant
>> PIR".  Unless of course the motion covers an entry path, then you have
>> to make it "Movable Delay".
>>
>> What was wrong with the good old, "Interior Follower"?-
>
> I can't imagine what that might indicate ....."movable instant PIR" ?
>
> Is it just a follower zone or something different?

Took me a while to figure it out.

If a zone responds the same way whether the system is armed or not, it
is "Fixed".  If it responds differently it is "movable".

A 24 hr point, even if it is just a trouble by day, is "fixed". A
regular burg zone that doesn't alarm when the system is disarmed, is
"movable".  For some reason adt did away with the follower zone on the
Focus panel.  Motions either have a delay, or they don't.

Quite a few of the adt techs say they program everything with a delay.