Re: Dood you have to use it...or you will lose it.

On Nov 3, 9:49=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 3, 3:55=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 3, 2:39=A0am, "Robosama" <robos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Client calls 6x the other night (I usually don't answer late night ca=
lls
> > > from CID's from out of state) but I finally did. Dood I got robbed!
> > > Me: Oh shit the system didn't work?
> > > Him: No, my wife didn't arm the system.
>
> > > Lost over 40K in jewelry alone.
> > > The dog slept
> > > The birds were quiet for the 1st time ever.
>
> > > We have so much detection in that house a mouse couldn't move 3 feet =
without
> > > setting something off...and they didn't arm the system.
>
> > > Now we put a radio backup in and he wanted cameras until I told him t=
he
> > > price...he'll think about it. Yah...the shock of getting broken into =
is
> > > wearing off already :-)
>
> > > Rob
>
> > RHC: Pretty common really ! Lots of people are robbed because they
> > forget to look their doors !
> > Good physical and electronic security won't do you a damn bit of good
> > if you forget "basic security" measures....duh-
>
> Yeah but ... but .... my neighbors watch my house =A0and someone is
> always there .... =A0 an an..... =A0they have a dog that barks alot!
>
> We have a dog too .... he's big and a really good watch dog too.
> Don't know why he didn't bark when you came in though. He must like
> you. Oh ..... there he is ..... over there, spread out on the couch.
>
> I've never locked my doors, in all the years I've lived here and
> nothing has ever happened.
>
> Aaaaaaaaghhhhh!

RHC: Yeah, it only takes once!  You may have driven all your life and
never had an accident; however, tomorrow, take your eyes off the road
for a second and BAM. Same with "basic security" measures. That's why
they have to be a habit - part of your daily routine...part of an
"intelligently cautious" mindset".

On the other hand, nothing like preaching to the converted....:))