Re: Opinions on backup reporting devices

On Jul 14, 9:27=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 14, 8:42=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Because Magic Jack and any other VOIP product uses different methods
> > of transmitting the signal that is impossible for alarm manufacturers,
> > for example here in the Dallas area I've had great luck with Comcast
> > and CID however it flat out won't work with Comcast in Atlanta.
>
> You can't tell me that there is NO WAY that a device can't be designed
> that will allow alarm signals to be transmitted over VoIP .... I don't
> believe it.

If they could they would have long long ago

> Change the format. Change the bandwidth, Change the
> frequency, change the pulse width. Use sum check, use WHAT EVER and
> get it done.

Cool! now you've made everything incompatible with every central
station receiver out there

> All these mfg's are doing is coming up with their
> proprietary methods using 20 year old technology and THEIR primary
> purpose is to insure that they are getting a piece of the RMR instead
> of trying to fix the problem.

CID and SIA aren't proprietary and look how long it took to get people
weened off of 4x2?

> > BTW it is possible with AlarmNet's Enterprise IP module and central
> > station receiver to transmit without another F..king partner-
>
> That's hard to believe. So let's see .... AlarmNet, who's primary
> busines is figureing out how they can create a need for a product that
> requires them to retransmitt a signal to my central station, doesn't
> charge anything at all, to anyone in the signal path for this?

Other than the cost of the equipment no they don't charge anything,
the signal path is direct between the panel and central station

> So the
> central has to have the appropriate receiver and this module is
> universal or only compatable with Hornywell products?

It requires a 7810ir Internet receiver, the panel side would use a
7847i and if the panel is capable of CID then they have a dialer
capture module available