Re: Opinions on backup reporting devices

On Jul 15, 2:11=A0am, "doug" <vssd...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
.

> There seems little point trying to make an alarm panel communicate over
> VoIP, if the customer has VoIP then they have a broadband connection so t=
hey
> should just use an IP communicator and be done with it.
>
> Doug

That's a valid point. However, it's possible that it would be less
expensive to produce a product that would work with VoIP. I dunknow.

So .......... what's the next step? What are the objections to using
IP communications. Whatever they are .... let the manufacturers
overcome them ( without becoming my parther and without over
pricing  ) and let's get on with this. Provide a panel with built in
land line/VoIP/Cellular/IP Comm/Semaphore flags/Morse code
Whatever!   .... going directly to a receiver at the central station.
Why the brain freeze?  I aren't an injunear but ....... I mean ......
with all this technology out there, is it really possible that there
ISN"T a way to do this?  I don't believe it.