Re: Opinions on backup reporting devices

On Jul 9, 11:51=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 7, 3:02=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 7, 11:43=A0am, "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > How about line is so noisy signals can't get recognized properly by C=
S, but
> > > there is dial tone and line voltage?
>
> > RHC: Ok, that's one.....-
>
> How about .... the last time the installer was there for a trouble
> shooting call, he forgot to reconnect the trip wire to the backup
> device.
>
> How about the trouble that DSC had where their backup device was
> sending supervisory signals but wouldn't trip in the alarm state.
>
> How about when the cable company back feeds the telephone line through
> a phone jack and although the panel senses a dial tone it gets cut off
> when the panel tries to send.
>
> I have a feeling there's more but I can't think of anymore right now.
>
> But, part of the point I'm getting at here ....( aside from the
> redundancy/lack of security issue) =A0is that now ..... since everybody
> is trying to get in on the recurring revenue golden egg .... Like DSC,
> Alarmnet, etal, .... sending wireless signals are being charged by the
> transmission. and THAT's what's driving it in the direction it's
> going.
>
> And THAT'S the issue.
>
> For what reason do you or I need another "partner" in sending alarm
> signals to central station. We pay the phone company, we pay the
> ISP's. We pay the central stations. Why do we have to pay anyone else?
> I can't believe that there's no way to just send a signal to central
> station by just using a cellular phone device ..... same as a land
> line telephone without paying someone eles for the "privilege" of
> doing it because they manufacture equipment that can only operate
> using a network that they control. CCTV mfg's set =A0up DDNS servers and
> don't charge for it .... What's the problem here?

RHC: Why would that surprise you ? Everyone wants a share of the
golden goose. Large multinationals sell their souls everyday for RMR.
Hell, companies buy each other out simply to get the lists of that
company's customers so they can target them for sales of other
recurring revenue products and services ! Even cable companies are
starting to bundles numerous services together simply to get more of
the recurring revenue "pie".

Everyone wants in......but your question is no less valid