Re: Opinions on backup reporting devices

On Jul 7, 3:02=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 7, 11:43=A0am, "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > How about line is so noisy signals can't get recognized properly by CS,=
 but
> > there is dial tone and line voltage?
>
> RHC: Ok, that's one.....-

How about .... the last time the installer was there for a trouble
shooting call, he forgot to reconnect the trip wire to the backup
device.

How about the trouble that DSC had where their backup device was
sending supervisory signals but wouldn't trip in the alarm state.

How about when the cable company back feeds the telephone line through
a phone jack and although the panel senses a dial tone it gets cut off
when the panel tries to send.

I have a feeling there's more but I can't think of anymore right now.

But, part of the point I'm getting at here ....( aside from the
redundancy/lack of security issue)  is that now ..... since everybody
is trying to get in on the recurring revenue golden egg .... Like DSC,
Alarmnet, etal, .... sending wireless signals are being charged by the
transmission. and THAT's what's driving it in the direction it's
going.

And THAT'S the issue.

For what reason do you or I need another "partner" in sending alarm
signals to central station. We pay the phone company, we pay the
ISP's. We pay the central stations. Why do we have to pay anyone else?
I can't believe that there's no way to just send a signal to central
station by just using a cellular phone device ..... same as a land
line telephone without paying someone eles for the "privilege" of
doing it because they manufacture equipment that can only operate
using a network that they control. CCTV mfg's set  up DDNS servers and
don't charge for it .... What's the problem here?