Opinions on backup reporting devices

I have a problem with some of the backup wireless devices that are
being promoted and being  used today that don't promote or provide for
redundancy reporting.

In the past, when setting up back up radio devices, the back up device
reported at the same time as the land line dialer. Now days, I find
that even though the devices are now capable of sending CID .... they
never send an alarm signal unless the dialer doesn't detect a dial
tone. And anyone I talk to about this just doesn't think that it
matters.

Any one have thoughts on this?