Re: Opinions on backup reporting devices

On Jul 6, 10:14=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a problem with some of the backup wireless devices that are
> being promoted and being =A0used today that don't promote or provide for
> redundancy reporting.
>
> In the past, when setting up back up radio devices, the back up device
> reported at the same time as the land line dialer. Now days, I find
> that even though the devices are now capable of sending CID .... they
> never send an alarm signal unless the dialer doesn't detect a dial
> tone. And anyone I talk to about this just doesn't think that it
> matters.
>
> Any one have thoughts on this?

It depends on how you set up the panel, you can have redundant or
backup reporting with Honeywell panels and AlarmNet cell/IP devices,
with TelGuard and Uplink you are limited to either cell primary or
backup.

What cell units are you specifically talking about?