Re: Opinions on backup reporting devices

On Jul 9, 7:08=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> RHC: Why would that surprise you ? Everyone wants a share of the
> golden goose. Large multinationals sell their souls everyday for RMR.
> Hell, companies buy each other out simply to get the lists of that
> company's customers so they can target them for sales of other
> recurring revenue products and services ! Even cable companies are
> starting to bundles numerous services together simply to get more of
> the recurring revenue "pie".
>
> Everyone wants in......but your question is no less valid-

It doesn't surprise me .... it just pisses me off.

This trade, consisting of thousands of small alarm installation
companies, competeing with mega companies, who has been gradually
forced to price their installations to almost cost and be mostly
dependent on their recurring revenew to stay in business, are
additionally being forced even further off the charts, by now, (due to
the unreliability of newer transmission methods,) having to use newer
transmission methods that require futher erosion of their bottom line
or being  put in the position of having to raise their prices to the
end user with no benefit to the installing company.

The end user never sees the benefit or the disadvantages.

If this were a Jame Bond movie it would seem like an isideous plot by
some unknown villain trying to slowly and subtley destroy the alarm
installation trade.

All someone has to do in create a device that is just like a cell
phone. Call it a "Cell Dialer"  When an alarm occurs, it "pushes" the
send button to make a call to Centrals receiver. When the receiver
transmitts, the Cell Dialer "hears" the signals. When the Cell dialer
is  done it "pushes" the End button. Put it as a second phone on the
customers cell phone account. It's just a freaking telephone
call !!!!!

There are devices on the market that can divert your cellphone to your
house phones. I don't know specifically how they work but maybe that's
an avenue to explore.

What am I missing here?