Re: Moose/Sentol

On Oct 9, 1:34=A0am, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Once I had the document number I Googled it and here's one of the
> >websites.
>
> I think that document was written to cool down cold-war tension, not disa=
rm US
> private citizens. =A0But it is ambiguous, and can be taken that way by so=
me folks.

> Here is the original (the other one is slightly altered):
>
> http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu/ERC/arms/freedom_war.html
>
> The Electronic Research Collection (ERC) is a partnership between the Uni=
ted
> States Department of State and the Federal Depository Library at the Rich=
ard J.
> Daley Library, University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC).
>
> See also:
>
> USC TITLE 22 > CHAPTER 35
>
> CHAPTER 35=97ARMS CONTROL AND DISARMAMENT
>
> http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode22/usc_sup_01_22_10_35.html

RHC: This UN mandate for disarming is always referred to when the anti-
gunners up here talk. They don't mention it very often except during
those rare moments when they are honest and candid about their long
term goals.

I wouldn't be too smug about your 2nd Amendment rights. US legislators
can take advantage of your complacency and pass so many local, and
State ordinances that they achieve the same thing through a multitude
of back doors. I've spend 40 years in and out of this issue up here,
at all levels of government (including right up to the Prime
Minister),  and believe me, they will do ANYTHING they can to disarm
the public in any and every way they can. Up here, the NRA is seen as
something akin to the "epitome of evil" due to the anti-gunners lies
and mis-information. While they are definately stident in their
approach, that is exactly what is needed if you wish to retain your
freedoms vis a vis ownership of firearms. The anti gunners up here are
always saying the NRA contribute money to our cause, which is nonsense
of course, because they would lose their tax free status if they did.
However, the truth in the discussion of this issue is the first thing
that goes....

We will always see this issue up here for a couple of reasons. Our
country is largely rural with heavy concentrations of people in large
cities where most of the population lives. Increasingly, our
population is  heavy with immigrants from third world countries who
come to Canada to find a peaceful life. Guns represent the very threat
that they are fleeing from, and not knowing or caring about the many
peaceful uses for firearms (which never have existed in their
country), they will gladly go along with any restrictions no matter
how unnecessary and dangerous they are.

So we have a lot to fear, and our "lobby"  group (Canadian Shooting
Sports Association) may be too little too late. But it is growing
quickly, as more gun owners wake up to the threat to their way of
life. However, you would do well to support your NRA if for no other
reason than they are probably your best hope for the long term....