Re: Honeywell LYNXR-EN Expansion?

mleuck wrote:
> On Dec 8, 12:25 am, Jim<alarmi...@xxxxxxx>  wrote:

>>> Perhaps because many times those more "user friendly" small companies
>>> that you appear to think walk on water are more likely to go out of
>>> business
>>
>> More likely than ..... what?
>>
>> A larger company being bought out by another even larger company?
>>
>> Granted, just like any trade or industry, small start up companys go
>> out of business pretty often.
>>
>> I think Robert would be referring to a smaller company who's been
>> around for some years. Who would you refer someone to?  Any large
>> company or a smaller company that's been in business for 10, 15, 20
>> years?
>
> To me there isn't much difference, as far as service goes that's many
> times handled by smaller companies who may have installed the panel in
> the first place or independent contractors who deal with just about
> everything on a day to day basis. Monitoring is usually better with
> the big boys, I've seen a lot of crap by local companies who contract
> the monitoring to small stations.
>
>> Some people are highly satisfied with ADT or Brinks or whoever. Simply
>> because they don't know that they could get/have better and are not
>> inclined ( for whatever reason) to seek more.
>
> And simply because ADT, Brinks and whoever provide good monitoring.
>
> Name a company other than ADT who covers the outside of a customer's
> house with an electronic field of 1's and 0's? HUH? Emergency 24
> doesn't do that!

If you want to see a company that provides extremely lousy service and
inflated monitoring rates (39-200+ a month), look no further than
Slomins...They have that Slomin Shield BS thingy. A bunch of Napco
P800's mostly with 3 doors and a motion, and a 5 year contract to boot.
I download those panels maybe 5-10 times a week. They still use 3x1
format, even on the higher end P3200 & P9600 panels. Their monitoring
center is still using Ademco 660 receivers...OUCH!

Jim Rojas
Technical Manuals Online!
http://www.tech-man.com
8002 Cornwall Lane