Re: Honeywell LYNXR-EN Expansion?

On Dec 1, 9:42=A0pm, Joe Wangkauf <tmo1...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 2010-12-01 09:47:23 -0800, Jim said:
>

> > On Nov 30, 9:22 pm, Joe Wangkauf <tmo1...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:

> >> Thanks for the advice.
>
> >> Didn't need hand-holding, btw.
>
> >> I'll call ADT and see if they have any problem with me adding zones to
> >> it. Thanks.
>
> > Ummm, ADT ..... huh! ..... I'll venture a guess..... =A0 =A0 the answer=
 is
> > No!
>
> > I mean, ..... you didn't actually think that just because you paid for
> > your system that it's "YOURS" .... did you?
>
> HA!
>
> Sadly.. no.. Because I dealt with monitronics before this and they
> didn't allow it either. =A0And my suspicions were confired. =A0For what
> would cost me personally about 120 dollars in parts to do they want to
> charge me 420 dollars to do.
>
> So... if I need a monitored alarm system (for insurance reasons) I
> guess it is what it is and I have to just bite it...
>
> Thanks guys.

RHC: Well....no.....there is another option, and a better one to boot.
Shop around for a small,  GOOD (and I stress "good"), independant
dealer who will provide you a level of ongoing service of a more
personal nature. Dealing with any large conglomerate guarantees you
will have service troubles at some point. Big companies are just
that..BIG...and by their very nature, they aren't set up to care in
the same way, and to provide the much more personal level of service
that residential accounts should expect and demand. No one can truly
say they are happy with any alarm company until you've had to call
them for service...

You probably wouldn't be fussing with the kind of problem you have now
if you had a proper dealer to look after you. Just another approach to
consider.....