Re: Honeywell LYNXR-EN Expansion?

On Dec 9, 9:26=A0am, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> mleuck wrote:

> >> More likely than ..... what?
>
> >> A larger company being bought out by another even larger company?
>
> >> Granted, just like any trade or industry, small start up companys go
> >> out of business pretty often.
>
> >> I think Robert would be referring to a smaller company who's been
> >> around for some years. Who would you refer someone to? =A0Any large
> >> company or a smaller company that's been in business for 10, 15, 20
> >> years?
>
> > To me there isn't much difference, as far as service goes that's many
> > times handled by smaller companies who may have installed the panel in
> > the first place or independent contractors who deal with just about
> > everything on a day to day basis. Monitoring is usually better with
> > the big boys, I've seen a lot of crap by local companies who contract
> > the monitoring to small stations.
>
> >> Some people are highly satisfied with ADT or Brinks or whoever. Simply
> >> because they don't know that they could get/have better and are not
> >> inclined ( for whatever reason) to seek more.
>
> > And simply because ADT, Brinks and whoever provide good monitoring.
>
> > Name a company other than ADT who covers the outside of a customer's
> > house with an electronic field of 1's and 0's? HUH? Emergency 24
> > doesn't do that!
>
> If you want to see a company that provides extremely lousy service and
> inflated monitoring rates (39-200+ a month), look no further than
> Slomins...They have that Slomin Shield BS thingy. A bunch of Napco
> P800's mostly with 3 doors and a motion, and a 5 year contract to boot.
> I download those panels maybe 5-10 times a week. They still use 3x1
> format, even on the higher end P3200 & P9600 panels. Their monitoring
> center is still using Ademco 660 receivers...OUCH!
>
> Jim Rojas

They are in my area. Every once in awhile I'll get a call from someone
who wants to leave them. I don't even consider using their equipment.
I will only up grade the system to a perimiter at the minimum and
install nothing less than a Napco 1632. If they don't want that, I
wont take over just a basic two door an a motion detector
installation. I tell them to get someone who is willing to put their
customers and their reputation at risk by monitoring a completely
inadequate system.
Some do ..... and some don't. Those who don't would never appreciate
what I do for my clients anyway.