Re: How Does the New Health Care Reform Bill Affect Your Business ???

"Jim" wrote:

> You .... in particular, would not want me even NEAR a
> political office.

I was *kidding*, Jim.

> My solution to all the world's problems?  Polution, gas
> prices, many of the mini wars in the world, housing,
> medical assistance, hardly anything that you can think
> of would be cured by my solution. Something that you
> never EVER hear ANYONE talking about, but yet it IS
> the ultimate solution that will, if not now, someday have
> to be faced if the human race is to survive.
>
> "De-population", would be my running campaign slogan.

I don't know if that solution will *have to* be, but I'm fairly certain it is
what *will* be.  Sooner or later, no matter what we do to try to prevent it,
there's going to be a thermo-nuclear war.  What will reamin after that is so far
the stuff of sci-fi novels.  I suspect what will remain will be a few people in
remote, mountainous regions.  Even there, all but a small percentage will
perish.

I'd like to make whatever miniscule impact for good I can in the meantime but I
have no illusions about man's ability to not use the most destructive power he
can get his hands on -- even in full knowledge that doing so will cost his own
life and those of everyone he cherishes.  It's the nature of man to want what he
can't have and to destroy what he can't get.

I figure all of this is more than a few years away so I won't be here to see it.
If I had to render a guess, I'd give the race maybe 20-30 years.

The Knigston Trio put it so well in the Merry Minuet:

"They're rioting in Africa, They're starving in Spain.
There's hurricanes in Florida, And Texas needs rain
The whole world is festering Wth unhappy souls.
The French hate the Germans, The Germans hate the Poles;
Italians hate Yugoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch,
And I don't like anybody very much!"

"But we can be tranquil and thankful and proud,
For man's been endowed With a mushroom-shaped cloud.
And we know for certain That some lovely day
Someone will set the spark off, And we will all be blown away!"

> No one seem to be able to relate what nature has tried
> to teach us from day one. You can't have a super
> dominate species with no predators. It will eventually eat
> its self out of food and consume all of it's resources.
> Then die out.

Same conclusion except I figure it will happen cataclysmically.

> So, as you can see, in spite of the predicaments that
> we're in now, there's still hardly anyone who would face
> the facts and vote for me.

People don't vote based on facts.  They vote on emotion and affiliation.  They
vote on exasperation and rage.  But facts?  Naah.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics