Re: How Does the New Health Care Reform Bill Affect Your Business ???

On Nov 12, 9:15=EF=BF=BDam, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "G. Morgan" wrote:
>
> > That's the problem. =EF=BF=BDIt should be an honor to serve your fellow
> > citizens, not seen as "jury duty" (best analogy I can think of).
>
> I've never been sick of politics. =EF=BF=BDTo me it's better than watchin=
g SNL.

> As for jury duty, I think it gets a bad rap (pun intended).
> I've been called twice it wasn't "fun" but it was interesting -- somethin=
g I
> don't regret doing. =EF=BF=BDI was called twice and, given my errm, backg=
round
> experience, thought I'd automatically be excused. =EF=BF=BDNot so. =EF=BF=
=BDDuring the first
> voire dire I hid nothing.
>
> At the time I wasn't really interested in spending six weeks away from wo=
rk.
> However, it turned out to be an interesting case and the evidence was
> (unfortunately for the perps) overwhelming. =EF=BF=BDWe found them guilty=
 on all counts.
> I suspect the defense was amazed that I didn't give them a hung jury at l=
east.
> Oh, well.
>
> The second time I was called, a number of years later, the evidence was s=
> shabby I and most of the jurors later told the judge we were unlikely to =
have
> found the guy guilty of anything. =EF=BF=BDSadly, t defendant (who spoke =
little English)
> "copped a deal" and never knew he was going to go home that day if he had=
 only
> waited.
>
> One thing about the trial was pretty scary. =EF=BF=BDThere was an interpr=
eter. =EF=BF=BDAll of
> the wirnesses were Puerto Rican and most spoke little or no English. =EF=
=BF=BDI
> understood enough Spanish to realize the interpreter was altering the tes=
timony
> of several prosecution witnesses to make them agree with each other. =EF=
=BF=BDAfter one
> witness (the purported victim) claimed the defendant (her ex) was "chasin=
g" her
> the other, her sister, said he happened to pass them in the *opposite*
> direction. =EF=BF=BDThe interpreter translated the sister's testimony to =
say he saw them
> coming, turned and gave chase. =EF=BF=BDBut the testimony said no such th=
ing.

> I sent a note to the judge stating what had happened. =EF=BF=BDThe judge =
"ripped the
> interpreter a new one", tossed him out and got a new interpreter. =EF=BF=
=BDThis all
> happened right in front of the jury. =EF=BF=BDGiven what amounted to judi=
cial misconduct
> (not the judge's but the interpreter's) I was amazed they didn't throw th=
e whole
> [...]

You .... in particular, would not want me even NEAR a political
office.

My solution to all the world's problems?  Polution, gas prices, many
of the mini wars in the world, housing, medical assistance, hardly
anything that you can think of would be cured by my solution.
Something that you never EVER hear ANYONE talking about, but yet it IS
the ultimate solution that will, if not now, someday have to be faced
if the human race is to survive.

"De-population", would be my running campaign slogan.

No one seem to be able to relate what nature has tried to teach us
from day one. You can't have a super dominate species with no
predators. It will eventually eat its self out of food and consume all
of it's resources. Then die out.

So, as you can see, in spite of the predicaments that we're in now,
there's still hardly anyone who would face the facts and vote for me.