Re: Cell Phone Jammers are Illegal in USA

Robert L Bass wrote:

>Jim may be a number of things but it's clear he's no sheep.  It seems he
>thinks it's better to give up a little freedom in favor of security.  I
>disagree -- believing that those who would take our freedom for any reason
>have no interest in our security -- only their own power.

Good, that is what I believe too.  The right always "say" they are for less
government (even calling themselves the de facto Libertarian party), but it
always seems to me the right wants to be involved in every aspect of or lives.

>> Of course, you'll be able to spot him behind the concentration
>> camp constantine wire...
>
>That's concertina wire, Graham.  Constantine was an emperor.

LOL.. You're right.  I'm not the first one to screw that up apparently. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concertina_wire
Concertina wire is sometimes mistakenly called constantine wire. "Constantine"
probably came from a corruption/misunderstanding of "Concertina" and led to
confusion with the Roman Emperor Constantine. This in turn has led to some
people trying to differentiate between concertina wire and "constantine" wire
by incorrectly assigning the latter term to what is commonly known as razor
wire. In contrast to the double-helical construction of concertina wire, as
shown being deployed by soldiers in the image, razor wire, or less correctly
"constantine wire", consists of a single coil of wire with projecting teeth
periodically along its length.[1]