Re: Cell Phone Jammers are Illegal in USA

"Jim" wrote:

>> Did you ever wonder what would happen if you answered, "No?"
>
> I'm of a mind that it doesn't bother me if they want to inspect my baggage
> of anything that they want to inspect. I'd rather they put me through the
> minor inconvenience of checking my stuff so that they just might discover
> something dangerous in someone else's stuff. If they're going to let me
> though with out checking me out, that means there's a greater possibility
> that someone will get through with something they're not supposed to have.

Absolutely agree.  I fealt that way long before 9/11.  Many years ago when I
first started college I got a part time job doing campus security.  One day I
saw a guy using a coat hanger to open a car window so I questioned him.  He
said it was his car.  When I asked for ID he got angry so I asked, "Suppose
someone else was messing with your car.  Would you want me to question them?"
He took out his driver's license and student ID (with a somewhat better
attitude).

> Terrorist thrive on the fact that US citizens demand their freedom to do
> what ever they want to do...

I don't know how true that is.  Terrorists strike more frequently in places
where their freedom is far more curtailed than in the USA.  When they do
strike, marginal security gives them an edge.  That is why we need to actually
DO something about our security -- not just talk about it while giving out
$billions in no-bid contracts to pals of Bush / Cheney.  Fortunately, with the
recent arrival of adult supervision in Washington, all that is about to
change.

> Mankinds natural state is to be free. And that's a good thing. But that
> presumes that there is no bad intentions to do free people any harm.  That's
> the loophole. How do we remain free yet keep people who would use that
> freedom to harm us? I
don't have the answer but in the meantime, I'd rather submit to inspections
then demand my "rights".

Yep.  As long as the person doing the inspection isn't doing so with unmerited
malice toward me, I'm fine with a little inconvenience.  I just resent the use
of "terrorism" as an excuse to bully people based on race.  That's why I can't
stand the kind of crap that people like Michael Savage, Neal Boortz, Glenn
Beck and Michelle Malkin spread like maneur on the breakfast table.

> My rights will still be there if I need them but during these times, the
> enemies of this country are at least on guard.

There's another side to that argument, Jim.  I think the famous Franklin
saying goes, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."  I cherish my privacy
enough to resent like hell the idea that Bush ordered his minions to listen to
my phone conversations and those of millions of other US citizens.  Before we
defend this as a measure to protect America, remember that the eavesdropping
specifically targeted members of political groups who opposed Bush but were
never in any way thought to be possible terrorists.  The previous
administration was worse than Nixon.  Obama can check my bags at the airport
if he wants.  Bush should have had his bags checked for stolen silverware when
he left the White House.

> Those that have nothing to hide ummmm have nothing to hide ... and as
> inadaquate as shat they do might seem, it's better than pre 9/11 and it
> could be a lot more restrictive than it is.

> Ver ar yough pepperrs.?  Hugh kinnot crodss de borderr widout yough
> pepperrs!!!

But sir, we *cook everything* with peppers!!!  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics