Re: Cell Phone Jammers are Illegal in USA

"G. Morgan" wrote:

> HELLO...  Thank you.  That's what I've been saying, in
> fact I posted that quote in this thread.  Since Jim is
> obviously ignoring me...

Perhaps... perhaps not.  Let's not make it personal either way, OK?

> I wish you would engage me further about what is an
> acceptable level of government intrusion for our
> "protection"...

This is just my personal attitude, not an attempt to define anyone's rights.
If they have reasonable cause to stop and question me, no problem.  If not,
but I'm at or near the border, I don't mind answering a few questions.  100
miles from the border is (IMO) not the scope of Border Patrol and I'd resent
being stopped by them for more than an ID check.

BTW, the same kind of thing happens in other countries but not necessarily
with benign intentions.  I think I may have already mentioned that I was
stopped once by a couple of dishonest cops in my favorite vacation country.
They were clearly looking for a "tip".  While going through my stuff they
noticed a box of rubbers.  I ended up giving this character 6 Trojans.
Somehow I doubt that would have worked with our Border Patrol.  :^)

> Jim is one of those sheep that believes the government
> knows best when it comes to controlling the population...

Jim may be a number of things but it's clear he's no sheep.  It seems he
thinks it's better to give up a little freedom in favor of security.  I
disagree -- believing that those who would take our freedom for any reason
have no interest in our security -- only their own power.

> Of course, you'll be able to spot him behind the concentration
> camp constantine wire...

That's concertina wire, Graham.  Constantine was an emperor.  I disagree with
Jim on this but not 100%.  There's got to be a balance.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics