Re: Moose Z900 Software

On Jun 2, 4:28=EF=BF=BDpm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jun 2, 3:07=EF=BF=BDpm, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> =EF=BF=BD"tourman" wrote:
>
> RHC: Napco is almost unknown up here. Only one distributor stocks it
> and only one company to my knowledge installs it. As good as it might
> be, I have no desire to take on any additioinal panels lines. If I
> did, it would definately be Ademco, since I have turned away hundreds
> of Ademco takeovers over the years. =EF=BF=BDTwo panel lines is plenty th=
ank
> you...:))
>
> RLB: If you insist on staying with DSC and Paradox, you're probably
> not going to be
>
> > able to service folks with VoIP. =EF=BF=BDThe problem is VoIP is slowin=
g taking over
> > not just the local services but also inter-city transmissions. =EF=BF=
=BDSome phone
> > companies have already switched their long-distance services to digital=
 and
> > the rest will most assuredly follow within the next few years. =EF=BF=
=BDStick with
> > panels that can't get through and you'll saddle your son with major pro=
blems
> > in the future.
>
> RHC: There are any number of internet modules coming along which
> promise reliable internet transmission. I'll certainly try these
> before I take on any additional makes of panels. I will try to make
> VoIP work if they switch without advising me (after they sign a
> special contract regarding this unreliable form of transmission), but
> at the first sign of trouble, I disconnect them. This has happened far
> too often to really have any faith in this form of transmission....
>
> RHC: So be it ! At this stage of my business, I am "cherry picking"
> anyway, and I> > assuredly don't want to take on any "iffy" situations (a=
nd alarms and VoIP
> > > are definately "iffy" in my experience and I suspect this is regardle=
ss of
> > > the make of panel)
>
> RLB: I disagree. =EF=BF=BDSome panels have lots of trouble with VoIP. =EF=
=BF=BDOthers
> simply do
>
> > not. =EF=BF=BDAs to cherry picking, I seem to recall several years ago =
you were
> > planning to retire at 500 accounts or some such number. =EF=BF=BDInstea=
d you've kept
> > on plugging away, taking over clients of some of the dummies, adding ne=
> > clients of your own and so on. =EF=BF=BDIn short, Never say "never," my=
 friend. =EF=BF=BD:^)

> RHC: Yeah, I'm about double in size to what I wanted to be, but I have
> reached that "glass ceiling" where natural attrition almost equals new
> additions. It's pretty hard to break over that barrier (assuming I
> even wanted to). I know a number of other companies who's owners are
> [...]

Is it OK if I say ...... I told ya so?  ;-)

If not ........... I'll take it back.

By the way ..... although you say you are not interested .... just in
case you'd like to pass it on to your son, .... the way to break
through so that the business can reach the next plateau, is to
purchase a block of accounts from someone. As much trouble as you
might encounter and anticipate, someone who has reached that level and
has a good hold on profit, will eventually reconcile the deficiencies
in the new accounts and that's when you begin your next spurt of
growth.

You never know how far your son will decide to take the company or may
have to .... to meet income requirements in the future. I'm sure he'll
have kids to put through college.
He's got the one advantage that you don't.
Time.