Re: Moose Z900 Software

"tourman" wrote:

> RHC: I have tried many of the Paradox and DSC lines of panels on VoIP using
> Contact ID, and with one exception, NONE have given me reliable,
CONSISTENT transmission over time...

That is why I keep telling you to look at Napco.  Their stuff works reliably.
It's feature rich and reasonably priced (though not as cheap as DSC).

> I realize where VoIP fits in the telecommunications market, and you are
> quite correct; it IS the wave of the future. I love Skype and I use it all
> the time. But that is voice, not alarm transmissions. Alarms have to work
> all the time, every time !! And since I do not intend to take on more than
> these two lines of panels, that means I have to turn away this business.

If you insist on staying with DSC and Paradox, you're probably not going to be
able to service folks with VoIP.  The problem is VoIP is slowing taking over
not just the local services but also inter-city transmissions.  Some phone
companies have already switched their long-distance services to digital and
the rest will most assuredly follow within the next few years.  Stick with
panels that can't get through and you'll saddle your son with major problems
in the future.

> So be it ! At this stage of my business, I am "cherry picking" anyway, and I
> assuredly don't want to take on any "iffy" situations (and alarms and VoIP
> are definately "iffy" in my experience and I suspect this is regardless of
> the make of panel)

I disagree.  Some panels have lots of trouble with VoIP.  Others simply do
not.  As to cherry picking, I seem to recall several years ago you were
planning to retire at 500 accounts or some such number.  Instead you've kept
on plugging away, taking over clients of some of the dummies, adding new
clients of your own and so on.  In short, Never say "never," my friend.  :^)

> It's never been only about the money with me. I take on only the business I
> want and turn away the rest........

Same here.  Problem is I want most of it.  :)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics