Re: Oh well...

Robert L Bass wrote:
> I had a new scan and saw my oncologist yesterday.  Unfortunately, it
> looks like the "all clear" signal was wrong.  The cancer came back with
> a vengeance.  The prognosis is pretty grim.

This is terrible news, Robert.  What with the "see-saw" diagnosis
though, I'd suggest getting a second opinion though.  It looks to me
like your present oncologist is a bit of an idiot.  With all the time
that's elapsed, it's just given the cancer a better foot-hold.

> I have to start chemo again in a few weeks but first I'm going back to
> Brazil one last time.  According to the doctor I should make it to next
> spring, possibly even a year, if I do the chemo.  Without it he says I
> might not see Christmas.

Brazil would be good for you.  When you get back, my advice would be to
get that second opinion before you start on another regemine of chemo
that's bound to make you feel even more sick.