Re: Moose Z900 Software

On Jun 1, 5:19=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "tourman" wrote:
>
> > Increasingly today, you really have to make upfront queries as to what =
means
> > of telecommunications the client plans to use for his alarm panel befor=
> > even going out to give the client an on site quote. This weeds out the =
VoIP
> > clients right up front.
>
> You really shouldn't exclude all VoIP clients, Bob. =A0VoIP is, like it o=
r not,
> the communications medium of the future. =A0Instead, you might want to lo=
ok into
> VoIP compatible alarm control panels. =A0Napco's panels communicate over =
VoIP
> lines if you select Contact ID format. =A0I have hundreds of clients usin=
g them
> with VoIP and so far they're all working fine.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>
> Bass Home Electronics
> DIY Alarm and Home Automation Storehttp://www.bassburglaralarms.com
> Sales & Service 941-870-2310
> Fax 941-870-3252
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHC: I have tried many of the Paradox and DSC lines of panels on VoIP
using Contact ID, and with one exception, NONE have given me reliable,
CONSISTENT transmission over time. I've had one even transmit the
wrong account number during an alarm. With daily tests, the best I
could ever get is four days out of seven.....!!!! People who think
they are working just fine may well be fooling themselves.

I realize where VoIP fits in the telecommunications market, and you
are quite correct; it IS the wave of the future. I love Skype and I
use it all the time. But that is voice, not alarm transmissions.
Alarms have to work all the time, every time !! And since I do not
intend to take on more than these two lines of panels, that means I
have to turn away this business.

So be it ! At this stage of my business, I am "cherry picking" anyway,
and I assuredly don't want to take on any "iffy" situations (and
alarms and VoIP are definately "iffy" in my experience and I suspect
this is regardless of the make of panel)

It's never been only about the money with me. I take on only the
business I want and turn away the rest........