Re: Moose Z900 Software

On Jun 2, 3:07=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
 "tourman" wrote:

RHC: Napco is almost unknown up here. Only one distributor stocks it
and only one company to my knowledge installs it. As good as it might
be, I have no desire to take on any additioinal panels lines. If I
did, it would definately be Ademco, since I have turned away hundreds
of Ademco takeovers over the years.  Two panel lines is plenty thank
you...:))

RLB: If you insist on staying with DSC and Paradox, you're probably
not going to be
> able to service folks with VoIP. =A0The problem is VoIP is slowing taking=
 over
> not just the local services but also inter-city transmissions. =A0Some ph=
one
> companies have already switched their long-distance services to digital a=
nd
> the rest will most assuredly follow within the next few years. =A0Stick w=
ith
> panels that can't get through and you'll saddle your son with major probl=
ems
> in the future.

RHC: There are any number of internet modules coming along which
promise reliable internet transmission. I'll certainly try these
before I take on any additional makes of panels. I will try to make
VoIP work if they switch without advising me (after they sign a
special contract regarding this unreliable form of transmission), but
at the first sign of trouble, I disconnect them. This has happened far
too often to really have any faith in this form of transmission....

RHC: So be it ! At this stage of my business, I am "cherry picking"
anyway, and I
> > assuredly don't want to take on any "iffy" situations (and alarms and V=
oIP
> > are definately "iffy" in my experience and I suspect this is regardless=
 of
> > the make of panel)

RLB: I disagree. =A0Some panels have lots of trouble with VoIP. =A0Others
simply do
> not. =A0As to cherry picking, I seem to recall several years ago you were
> planning to retire at 500 accounts or some such number. =A0Instead you've=
 kept
> on plugging away, taking over clients of some of the dummies, adding new
> clients of your own and so on. =A0In short, Never say "never," my friend.=
 =A0:^)

RHC: Yeah, I'm about double in size to what I wanted to be, but I have
reached that "glass ceiling" where natural attrition almost equals new
additions. It's pretty hard to break over that barrier (assuming I
even wanted to). I know a number of other companies who's owners are
good friends of mine, and some of them have hit that same roadblock.

RHC:  It's never been only about the money with me. I take on only the
business I
 want and turn away the rest........

 RLB: Same here. =A0Problem is I want most of it. =A0:)

RHC: Not for me ! I pay far too much tax up here. I have no desire to
work harder only to pay more to the government so they can piss it
away on left wing, Liberal, do nothing, feel good social programs. I'm
already paying off a GST (General Sales Tax) debt that Revenue Canada
audit insists I owe, that's in to double digit figures. Enough is
enough !!!!!!!!

No, my RMR's "siren song" has totally won me over. I will "live off
the proceeds" for awhile longer and spend more time enjoying life
(which is too short as it is). I'd rather spend my time enjoyably
looking after my existing customer base well , than scrambling for new
ones.

I would think, having gone through what you have gone through, and
having come out of it as you have, you would feel a lot like that as
well......life is too short my friend....:)))