I got off my backside and made positive decisions about my future and
how I was going to get through this recession. So the number one thing
to do if you find yourself in difficulties during this recession is:
#1 TAKE POSITIVE ACTION - whatever it is you decide to do, whether you
do any of the things presented to you in this article or something
totally different, be positive and be decisive. Don't bury your head
in the sand and hope that it will all go away because that's when it
will all go away, your house, your car, your possessions and even your
family.
#2 DEAL WITH YOUR CREDITORS - if you have debts and are struggling to
make the repayments, speak to your creditors. Most of them will be
sympathetic and try to come to some arrangement with you to get
through the bad times.
#3 KEEP MAKING PAYMENTS - even if you can only afford $10/'10 per
month keep on paying. That way your creditors can see that you are at
least making an effort. Some will try to get you to pay more but if
you keep on paying even a token amount most will accept this for a
while and it gives you some time to find work.
#4 FIND OUT WHAT HELP IS AVAILABLE TO YOU - check with your local
government offices to see if there is any financial help available,
check to see if you have any insurance plans with your creditors and
if things are really tight then find a company that will help you
manage your debts. There are some charitable organisations that will
help you put arrangements in place and some companies that charge a
small monthly fee and do it all for you.
#5 BE TENACIOUS - find work! It doesn't matter what you do to get
through. The last time I was made redundant was the week before
Christmas 2006. I spent that week in the run up to Christmas walking
the streets with a notebook, knocking doors and asking people if they
wanted the windows cleaned. I ended up working everyday over the
Christmas period (except Christmas Day and Boxing Day) making
'50-'60/$65-$75 per day for a couple of hours work. It wasn't much,
but it saw us through to the New Year when I was able to find better
paid work.
#6 SPECULATE TO ACCUMULATE - don't be afraid to spend a little bit of
money in the pursuit of happiness and financial freedom. I'm not
saying spend your entire life savings on some pipe dream that you've
had for years, but what I am saying is don't just lock away all your
money and hope it lasts until the good times return. It could be a
while. If you see an opportunity you'd like to have a look at then do
it. Remember #1 Take positive action.
#7 GO FOR IT - if you do find that you've been able to earn some extra
cash and you're ready to take on this recession in a final battle then
remember #1 and 'take positive action'. Maybe you've cleaned enough
windows to be able to take a closer look at that speculative
opportunity you found and made a nice little sum. Now it's time to
really put the recession to the sword and take control of your own
destiny. Now is the time to fight for financial freedom. It's not
going to be easy, nobody said it would, but you can achieve whatever
level of success you want through perseverance, commitment and belief
in yourself.
I wish you all every success in whatever road you choose to walk and
hope that you succeed in achieving your goals however big or small
they may be, and remember - TAKE POSITIVE ACTION!!
http://groups.google.com/group/mavericksmp/